Meet the Abarth 500C – a small sports cabrio with style. Like the Abarth 500 hatchback, the Abarth 500C utilizes the T-jet 1.4 16v Turbo engine however the power has been increased by Abarth to an impressive 140 bhp.
Designed to the same levels of safety as its hatchback counterpart, the Abarth 500C is one of the safest cars in the Small Sports Cabrio segment. There’s a class-leading seven airbags as standard including one for the driver’s knees. Beyond the now classic ABS with EBD (Electronic Brake Distribution) and other sophisticated braking features, the Abarth 500C provides TTC Torque Transfer Control as standard, for outstanding, dynamic behaviour on more demanding roads. Added to this you will find Xenon headlights – with washers – delivering three times the light of traditional halogens. Just another innovation to keep you safe…
The inside story of this modern classic is as exciting as the outside, and the Abarth passion for style shows in every detail. The wraparound bucket seats have built-in head restraints, and with sculpted sports padding and lateral support for the more control. The dash is sporty without compromising functionality and the leather steering wheel provides superior grip and comfort. The sports pedals, driver’s footrest, height adjustable steering wheel and Competizione gearbox with gearshift paddles all enhance the sublime look and feel of a car that simply wants you to love motoring. Go drive!
To enhance the pleasure of driving the Abarth 500C comes with a powerful entertainment system featuring radio/CD/MP3-player and Blue&Me hands-free system with voice activation and steering wheel controls, and there are four 40W speakers, two 30W tweeters and a digital file reader with USB port so that you can play your favourite sounds in style. There are parking sensors to help in tight spots; manual climate control with pollen filter for hotter days or to assist in demisting without lowering the top; a turbo pressure gauge; dualdrive electric power steering with ‘sport’ button. The electric hood opens elegantly, with impressive technical solutions such as the glass rear window and high-level third brake light in the spoiler. Converted? You will be.
Style with performance.
With a closer look you will spot subtle refinements and differences from the Abarth 500. The lengthened dynamic spoiler emphasises the Abarth 500C’s sporting heritage, as well as ensuring a more effective air flow distribution and precision aerodynamics minimise turbulence when driving with the hood down. With hood up, the Abarth 500C grants you the sort of performance a hard-top performance car would be proud of.
Amazingly for a small sports cabrio, the Turbo T-Jet engine delivers 140 bhp and a peak torque of 206 Nm at 2000 rpm in Sport mode. This tried and tested 4-cylinder, 16 valve, 1368 cc unit (supercharged by a fixed geometry IHI RHF3-P turbocharger) is capable of powering the Abarth 500C along at a top speed 205 km/h (128 mph), with acceleration from 0 to 100 km/h (0-62 mph), in just 8.1 seconds: it’s one of the best-performing convertible/ cabriolet in its class. The 5-speed gearbox is the advanced electro-hydraulic Abarth Competizione unit with paddle-shift controls for the ultimate experience of performance driving. Better still, fuel consumption is low – just 43.5 mpg in the combined cycle (Fuel consumption figures are obtained for comparative purposes in accordance with EC directives/regulations and may not be representative of real-life driving conditions. Factors such as driving style, weather and road conditions may also have a significant effect on fuel consumption.) – and meets with the stringent Euro5 emission standards.
ABARTH 500C Technical Specifications
• 4 cylinders in line, 4 valves per cylinder, 1368 cm3.
• Power output: 140 bhp (103 kw) at 5000 rpm
• Maximum torque 206 nm at 2000 rpm in “sport mode”
• Turbocharger ihi rhf3-p, fixed nozzle turbineTRANSMISSION
• 5-speed c510 mta gearbox “abarth competition”
• Steering wheel paddle shift controls
• Front: mc pherson with anti roll bar
• Rear: twist axle with interconnected wheels and anti roll bar
• Electrically assisted power steering with “sport mode”
• Front floating brake calliper zph4.1.2 type, with piston ø 54mm
• Front autoventilated brake disk ø 284mm x 22mm
• Rear floating brake calliper cii 34 type, with piston ø 34mm
• Rear brake disk ø 240mm x 11mm
• TTC – torque transfer control
• Standard: alloy wheels 6,5” x 16” with tyres 195/45 r16
• Optional: alloy wheels 7” x 17” with tyres 205/40 r17ENVIRONMENTAL LEVEL
• Complies with euro 5 cee-f5 standard
• 151 G/KM CO2
• Combined cycle: 43.5 mpg (6.5 l/100km)
• Extra-urban cycle: 52.3 mpg (5.4 l/100km)
• Urban cycle: 33.2 mpg (8.4 l/100km)
• Max speed: 128 mph (205 km/h)
• Acceleration: 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph), 8.1 sec
• Electric open/close system
• Glass rear windows
1. Fuel consumption figures are obtained for comparative purposes in accordance with EC directives/regulations and may not be representative of real-life driving conditions.
2. Factors such as driving style, weather and road conditions may also have a significant effect on fuel consumption.