The Abarth 500 is one of a kind. We’ve taken the Fiat 500 and added a shot of venom to create a pint-sized supercar that seduces you at first sight. A pocket rocket that combines the design expertise of Fiat with the passion and technical know-how of Abarth, packing a 135bhp punch from its 1.4 litre turbocharged engine. The Abarth 500 is dedicated to every driver who has ever had a dream. This is for you. Go play.
Fasten your seatbelts: this little baby means business. The 1.4 litre, 16-valve turbocharged engine delivers a blistering 135bhp at 5500rpm, while peak torque is a wrenching 206Nm at 3000rpm in Sport mode. Just the potent levels of performance you would expect from an Abarth car, but with surprisingly low fuel consumption, averaging 33mpg (Fuel consumption figures are obtained for comparative purposes in accordance with EC directives/regulations and may not be representative of real-life driving conditions. Factors such as driving style, weather and road conditions may also have a significant effect on fuel consumption.) and CO2 emissions of just 155g/km. The result? A sturdy, economical road car with all the thrills of a racing car.
Abarth 500 – Pure Abarth Style
The Abarth 500 hasn’t just been designed to thrill; it’s packed with sophisticated safety features too. A piece of technical wizardry called ESP ensures tyres keep their grip when the going gets tricky, while Hill Holder technology makes hill starts a breeze. A brilliant new feature called Torque Transfer Control (TTC) improves the transfer of torque to the wheels, ensuring impeccable behaviour on bends for a safer, more enjoyable ride. Plus there are the airbags: seven, no less, even including one for the driver’s knees.
Inside, the car is pure Abarth style. Wraparound bucket seats with combined head restraints and lateral support provide containment on the sharpest of bends. The sculpted steering wheel and leather gearknob offer anatomical grip and superior comfort. Aluminium and rubber pedals enhance the racing look and feel. And then there’s the dash: sporty and seductive, with an array of clever instrumentation, including an analogue pressure gauge for measuring the turbo pressure, and an LED indicator prompting you when it’s the perfect moment to change gear.
The Abarth 500 comes optionally with the innovative Blue&Me™ Map system – a beautiful piece of technology that helps you navigate your route, and analyses your driving performance on the way. Thanks to GPS, the portable unit can track your car’s location, direct you to your destination, and record a whole host of data about your driving, including lap speed, vehicle speed and gear changes. All of which you can download to save and compare – and help improve your driving. Now that’s clever.
Abarth 500 Technical Specifications
• 4 cylinders in line with 4 valves per cylinder, 1368 cm3cm3.
• Potenza: 135CV (99kW) at 5500 giri al minuto.
• Coppia massima di 206Nm a 3000 giri al minuto in modalità sportiva.
• Motore turbo a geometria variabile con turbocompressore IHI RHF3-P.TRASMISSIONE
• Cambio a 5 marce C510.
SISTEMA DI SOSPENSIONE
• MacPherson configuration with anti-roll bar at front.
• Rear configuration, with wheels interconnected through a torsion beam with anti-roll bar.
• Lower sports suspension.
• Dualdrive™ electric power steering with Sport setting.
• ZPH 4.1.2 floating front calliper, 54mm diameter piston.
• Ventilated front brake discs, diameter 284 x 22mm.
• CII 34 floating rear calliper, 34mm diameter piston.
• 240mm diameter x 11mm rear brake disc.
• Standard: 6.5 x 16” aluminium alloy rim – Tyres: 195/45 R16”.
• Options: 7x 17” aluminium alloy rim – Tyres: 205/40 R17”.ENVIRONMENTAL DATA
• Complies with Euro 5 CEE-F5 standard.
• CO2 emissions 155g/km.
• Urban cycle (l/100km): 8.5 (33.2mpg).
• Combined cycle (l/100km): 5.4 (52.3mpg).
• Extra-urban cycle (l/100km): 6.5 (43.5mpg).
• Maximum speed 205km/h (127mph).
• Acceleration 0-100km/h (0-62mph) in 7.9 sec.
1. Fuel consumption figures are obtained for comparative purposes in accordance with EC directives/regulations and may not be representative of real-life driving conditions.
2. Factors such as driving style, weather and road conditions may also have a significant effect on fuel consumption.